Para Site seeks Project Manager
1月 07, 2019
Para Site is now hiring a full-time Project Manager to join our team!
Para Site is Hong Kong's leading contemporary art space and one of the oldest and most active independent art centres in Asia. The programme includes exhibitions, publications, seminars, a residency programme, and conferences. Join an ambitious team to develop with a growing non-profit art space.
- Assist the team in executing the ongoing projects at Para Site and providing primary support in production, coordination, planning and execution.
- Monitor and maintain budgets for specific programmes, including education and public programmes, publications, limited editions, and archiving. This includes obtaining estimates and processing invoices.
- Research, write, and copy-edit texts; obtain images and copyright permissions for use in publications and communication materials, including website.
- Research loans and prepare loan documentation, administer loan requests and ensure loan conditions are fulfilled.
- Compile condition and packing reports, keeping records of movement and conditions of works and liaise with conservators and couriers when necessary.
- Organise exhibition related transport and insurance, which includes updating checklists, obtaining estimates of costs, and monitoring customs documentation, liaising with shippers and the exhibition curator.
- Oversee the administration and transport arrangements for touring exhibitions.
- Coordinate temporary project helpers, interns and other freelance employees.
- Work together with other members of the team to assist with PR and database-related communications, organisation, and scheduling.
- Carry out supportive research.
Working hours: Full time, some evenings and weekends as necessary.
- High proficiency in spoken and written Cantonese and English is essential.
- Minimum of three years experience working in arts administration.
- Project management experience, including anticipating, planning, and executing projects from start to finish.
- Creative, proactive, self-motivated, and strong organisational skills.
- Developed writing and copy-editing skills.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and good problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of contemporary artistic practices and debates.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Apple iOS, and Google Suite.
Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary and available start date via email to email@example.com by 12:00 PM (HKT), Monday, January 7, 2019. Submissions must be made in English.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)