Para Site seeks a Curator of Education and Public Programmes
Apr 01, 2019
Para Site, Hong Kong’s leading contemporary art space, is seeking an outstanding candidate for a senior position in its ambitious team. Under the direction of the Executive Director/Curator, the Curator of Education and Public Programmes will be responsible for conceiving and implementing Para Site’s educational initiatives and public programmes aimed at diverse audiences. Through this position you will:
- lead the process of shaping the overall vision of Para Site’s educational initiatives and public programmes, with the goal of reaching new audiences and increasing awareness of Para Site’s work
- contribute to the shaping of Para Site’s overall vision, identity, and programmes, including its exhibitions
- conceive and oversee educational initiatives, working in collaboration with external organisations and internal curatorial team and supporting staff as well as plan public programmes (talks, workshops, screenings, performances, etc.) related to Para Site’s exhibitions and publications
- oversee and program Para Site's annual international conference as well as the workshops for emerging curators
- foster communication between Para Site and the local community, developing strategies to engage with diverse audiences on various levels
- strengthen relationship with faculty at local universities, and identify opportunities to build partnerships with other educational, art, and civic organisations
- conduct research and development for new educational initiatives and programmes
- ensure the effective promotion of all educational initiatives and public programmes, in coordination with the communications team
- in coordination with the development team, identify possible funding for education programmes, and help write proposals and grant applications
- develop and monitor the education budget
- given Para Site’s way of working, opportunities for curating exhibition projects might arise
Working hours: Full time, some evenings and weekends as necessary.
- degree in art history, curatorial studies, art education, or related subject, or equivalent experience working in the field. Experience is anyways a must
- strong interest in contemporary art and in engaging with diverse communities
- a curious and original personality, as well as talent for communication, both verbally and in written form
- fluency in both Chinese and English
- ability to work productively and dynamically with diverse organisations, including universities, local and international institutions, and the public
- ability to work as part of a team, to be resourceful, generous, and inspiring for your peers as well as able to work effectively on your own
Interested parties please send a full CV with expected salary and available start date, as well as a letter outlining your vision for the position. Original thinking, specific arguments, proposals and opinions, as well as avoidance of application jargon are highly encouraged.
Submissions must be made in English, and sent via email to email@example.com by 12:00 PM (HKT), Monday, 1 April, 2019.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)